Yeah, title is long but nevertheless you get the point of what I’m going to describe. So, to cut a long story short, last weekend I attended a hackathon where my teammates and I built a PoC of a movie quiz chat bot. At the end of the hackathon, we attempted to “dockerize” it and host it on App Service on Linux (currently on preview). This blog post documents the process.
- Great video intro (+demo!) of chat bots and Microsoft’s Bot Framework, an easy and flexible way to create an awesome chat bot
- You can develop a chat bot in many ways, check here for the Bot Builder Node.js SDK
- Check out my blog post about building a chat bot for Greek startup ParkAround
- App Service is Azure’s PaaS (Platform as a Service) offering, it supports Windows and Linux (preview). Check here for App Service on Linux documentation
- You can deploy apps as files into App Service, if you want to deploy a Docker container check here for Docker containers on App Service on Linux