Όπως και πέρισυ, έτσι και φέτος θα ήθελα να σας ενημερώσω για θέσεις εργασίας στα κεντρικά της Microsoft στο Redmond, Seattle. Αξίζει να σημειωθεί ότι διαβάζοντας το περσινό μου blog post ο φίλος Μανόλης Πλατάκης από το τμήμα Πληροφορικής και Τηλεπικοινωνιών του Πανεπιστημίου Αθηνών έστειλε βιογραφικό και μετά από διάφορες συνεντεύξεις τα κατάφερε! Πλέον εργάζεται ως Software Development Engineer in Test στο Development Center της Microsoft στη Νορβηγία.
Οι αγγελίες, αυτούσιες όπως μου ήρθανε
Microsoft Corporation is coming to Europe to interview for our Software Development Full Time and Internship Positions!!!
Redmond, Washington, USA (DEADLINE FOR CV SUBMISSION IS November 30, 2010)
Software Development Engineer (SDE)
Work at the Core of Every Product We Build
This is where the fun begins for code gurus like you. As a hands-on Software Development Engineer, you’ll make decisions about design and feature implementation, using your mastery of technical tools to make a product vision a reality. If you like to write code and design efficient data structures and algorithms to develop next-generation applications or operating systems, this is the position for you. As an SDE, you’ll bring products to life by working with Program Managers to ensure strong design and Software Development Engineers in Test to ensure quality through testing.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Discover Life on the Last Line of Defense
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you’ll own it, break it, fix it, and own it again. You’ll ensure a product’s quality by making sure it performs as users expect it to. Part of the fun is how creative you can be devising ways to manipulate, crush, and sabotage software into submission—while creating innovative testing technologies along the way.
Ultimately, as an SDET it’s your input that can make the difference between joy and frustration for the customers. A great SDET demonstrates interest in customer advocacy derived from a holistic understanding of the product from the code level to delivery. Since you’re keen on how things work, and making them work better, you’ll work hand in hand with the Program Managers and Software Development Engineers to design, develop, and maintain automation systems for use in development and testing cycles.
· Information on Microsoft Benefits, including complete relocation, US work visa sponsorship and other perks are available at www.microsoft.com/university
· University recruiters at Microsoft review resumes with the following topical areas in mind: 1) Academic Record, 2) Relevant Work Experience, 3) Leadership
· Please note you will be considered for all Software Development Full Time or Internship positions, depending on year of graduation. NOTE: If you are graduating in 2011, you will be considered for Full Time positions, if you are graduating in 2012, you will be considered for an internship.
To Apply: please visit www.microsoft.com/university Applications are reviewed as they are received
Software Development Engineer (SDE) and Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
· Pursuing a BS/MS or PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
· 1-2 years experience programming in C/C++/C#, Java and/or other computer programming languages preferred (university projects included)
· Ability to derive creative and innovative solutions by thinking "outside the box"
· Expertise in feature definition, design, and feasibility
· Ability to solve complex problems and write automation systems and device drivers
· Ability to author test plans and cases, conduct security and stress tests, and debug at source level after identifying, investigating, and prioritizing bugs